It’s Western Weekend! If you are heading out to the game and plan to tailgate, here are some tips.
- Tailgating starts four hours before the game and ends at kickoff. However, unlike Mount Pleasant, you can resume tailgating for an hour after the game.
- Large speaker systems need approval from the WMU athletic department.
- No glass containers.
- No kegs, half barrels, pony kegs or other common alcohol containers are allowed in the tailgating area.
- Large grills are prohibited in the tailgating area.
- The designated student lot is in the Health and Human Services area, Oakland Drive south of Stryker School of Med.
You can see Western’s entire policy here. Make sure you don’t take any open containers of alcohol out on the street.